Boyton Parish Council
Boyton Parish lies on the border of Devon and Cornwall approximately 5.5 miles to the north of Launceston. Essentially a farming community, the Parish covers an area of approximately 7 square miles (4200 acres) and at its highest is about 400 feet above sea level. In 1801 the population of the parish was 319 persons and interestingly enough, the number of people on the 2001 census was 378, a very small change in population over 200 years!
The past 25 years have seen considerable change within the village. Developments at Dorset Park, Trevoya Park and Town Farm leading to an increase in population. The shop/post office, sadly, closed over 10 years ago but the two churches continue to hold regular services. The school too has survived with student numbers increasing to over 40 for the current year (2014-2015).
The Parish Council generally meets once a month on Mondays in the Parish Church Hall at 7.30 pm. Parishioners are most welcome to attend and are asked to be seated by 7.25 pm. Any items for the Agenda must be notified to the Parish Clerk at least 10 days before the Meeting. Contact details for the Parish Clerk:-
Higher North Beer Farmhouse
Cornwall PL15 8NP
Tel No: 01566 457166